Sunday, March 2, 2008

Special Day

Today was a special day. There are those times that as member of the church we charish. Chase was ordained by his brother Corey to the the priest office of the Aaronic priesthood. I have three sons and I am telling you it never gets old watching them recieve and perform ordinations. I remember the first time Corey and Coby and Chase passed the sacrament and the first time Corey and Coby blessed the sacrament. I look forward to that "first" next week with Chase. It does a Mother's heart good to watch her sons have hands clean enough to perform the ordinances of the gospel. I was thrilled my Mom could be there. I know it meant alot to Chase. For those of you with sons, treasure every time. It's a great thing to see.
We also spent some time Corey and Nicole, Tristen and Trevor. It's always great to see them and play with the kids.
Chase is counting down to getting his license. He says 13 days if you don't count today which is almost over. Lately there have been several little trips to Terre Haute to the scout office or Gander Mountain or such. I look forward to the time when he can drive on his own. (Did I really say that?)
He got a job for the summer at the Camp K as one of their staff. So he is getting his gear in order.

2 comments:

Cali and Travis said...

Congratulations to Chase. That's so exciting. And it's exciting for Corey too, I'm sure, to be able to do that.

leschornmom said...

I truely look forward to those times with each on my boys! Congrats to you and Chase. he's one step closer to going on a mission!