Monday, March 3, 2008

Flylady Day 1

Two of my favorite links that I have added are http://www.flylady.net/ and http://www.messies.com/ Years ago when I worked away from the home (I work out of my home now), I was a flylady/messie junkie and my house was great. I had the routine down and my morning routine included a swish and shine, 6 hot spots, and a little additional duty and off I went. I found a great happy medium between the two housekeeping groups. Well, the last 4-5 years I have worked out of my home and my routines immediately fell away. So I am getting back on the horse so to speak and starting at the beginning. (Since starting all at once hasn't worked) Flylady has beginner babysteps and I thought I'd share how I did here. For a little accountability. The first baby step:


Your very first BabyStep is to go shine your sink. Don’t listen to those voices that tell you that is not going to help your messy house. This is exactly where I started and this little habit has changed my life! Take this BabyStep in faith and go do it. Here are the directions for shining your kitchen sink.

After you do this; you will keep it shiny by drying it out after each time you use it and making sure when you go to bed that it is shining so it will make you smile in the morning. This is how I get to hug you each day! That shiny sink is a reflection of the love that you have for yourself.
Our FlyLady system is all about establishing little habits that string together into simple routines to help your day run on automatic pilot. You can do this!


Ok here I go, I am shining my sink!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear FlyBaby Cathy,
Just a FlyBy to tell you we are so very proud of you for shining your sink!

FlyLadyPaddi
Paddi@flylady.net

William said...

Oh no not another Sink Shiner. My wife is into Fly lady also.